We would like to continue with repairs
No doubt you have heard a lot about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are perhaps a bit worried about letting the work occur.
Firstly, we understand this and want to work with you to minimise your concerns. Secondly, we are a small builder and engage a lot of contractors who rely on completing repair works for you especially during this time of uncertainty. By working together we can minimise your concerns, work safely, and complete your repair works.
What you can do?
Let us know if any occupant of your property is currently in isolation due to the virus. If this is the case, we will discuss with you a course of action to complete your repairs.
Discuss with us your concerns. It is possible that we can arrange for the works to still be undertaken by following social distancing protocols as outlined by the health authorities. In some cases we may not even need to enter your home to undertake the repairs as works can occur outside. If we need to enter your home to do work the following are some options for you to consider to maintain social distancing:
- Raise your repair issues via phone or email. Our staff will contact you prior to attending your home.
- When meeting our estimator or trade meet them outdoors keeping a distance of 1.5m from him/her.
- Do not shake hands as a greeting
- Practice good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene.
- Is it possible to isolate the work area from any occupant in your home? Consider the following:
- Can the property be vacated during the works?
- Are you able to close a door to the work area?
- Is there a separate entrance to the work areas?
- Are occupants able to remain in another area of the house during the work?
During work and when leaving your premises?
- Communication is suggested to occur via the following mechanisms:
- Maintaining the 1.5m social distance (outside if possible)
- Due to shortages in hand sanitizers our trades or Bay Building Group representative may ask to use your sink to wash their hands. If you are uncomfortable with this please direct them to the nearest outdoor tap.
Overall, if we can all work together we can have your property back to normal as quickly as possible.